8.4 Multimedia productions
Multimedia productions, such as DVDs, audio CDs, podcasts and software applications, can be engaging tools for providing information to the public.
Multimedia productions can also be effective ways to communicate with people with low levels of literacy or other barriers to the use of written publications. However, agencies must consider the intended target audience when publishing multimedia productions, particularly if it may include individuals whose access to technology is limited, or who prefer to receive government information through more traditional means.
Note: for requirements for TV and radio advertising, please see section 8.1 Advertising
Agencies producing multimedia productions must:
- clearly identify all Tasmanian Government productions as produced by or for the Tasmanian Government. This can be achieved through use of the Tasmanian Government logo for productions incorporating visual elements, or through the use of a spoken statement for audio-only productions
- for film and video productions include the title, date of and source department or agency - this may be through providing a URL.
- ensure Tasmanian Government multimedia productions such as DVDs, animations and videos include captions or are accompanied with a transcript.
- ensure audio productions such as podcasts or audio clips are accompanied with a transcript.
- ensure the permission of subjects is gained from all subjects in productions (see Acknowledgement of use of image (Adult and Minor) template).
- ensure all publications are deposited in accordance with legal deposit requirements (see section 6.1 Availability)