9.3 Government Communications Office
The Government Communications Office, in the Premier’s Office, has responsibility for providing strategic advice and support on communications issues to the Tasmanian Government and managing day-to-day media relations, including media enquiries and releases.
The Government Communications Office is specifically responsible for:
- collecting and analysing information to provide high-level advice to government
- advising agencies of the Government’s priorities, themes and key messages for communications that underpin or inform Government/agency communications plans and activities.
- coordinating major government communications programs and promotions
- liaising with and providing advice to Ministerial offices on day-to-day media issues
- managing day-to-day media relations, including media enquiries and Ministerial media releases, coordinating media relating to whole-of-government activities, including State Budgets and other major announcements
- overseeing the development and implementation of media strategies
- overseeing the Premier’s website
- reviewing and approving communications strategies, and creative concepts for campaigns as defined in section 8.2 Campaigns.