Who does this policy apply to?
The policy applies to the following Tasmanian Government agencies:
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Justice
- Department of Police and Emergency Management
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- Department of Treasury and Finance
- Department of State Growth
- Tourism Tasmania.
The logo may be used by:
- Government business enterprises (GBEs) as defined in Schedules 1 and 2 of the Government Business Enterprises Act 1995. GBEs and state-owned companies (SOCs) are not compelled to use the Tasmanian Government logo because of their commitment to their own corporate identity, which relates directly to their trading activities.
- any other entity that is wholly controlled by the Tasmanian Government or subject to ministerial direction with approval of the Secretary, Department of Premier and Cabinet.
The logo may not be used by any other entity that is not wholly controlled by the Tasmanian Government or subject to direct ministerial control (e.g. joint State/Australian Government/ industry bodies).